Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Today I left work late.

Fall sun is different than summer sun,
and spring sun. And certainly winter sun.

When I turned the corner, the music playing
on the car stereo swelled as the massive orange
orb that is fall sun filled my line of vision.

In the cut-off capsule that is a solo driver in a
car, with the windows up, and the music on,
it seemed movie score perfect.
Like I was the only one experiencing this
great golden coin in the sky.
The only one for which the perfect compilation
of sound dictated a moment.
The protagonist.

There was no one on the road in front of me so
I let myself stare distractedly into its glow.
And passing out of my windshield, still no one
in front of me, I watched in the rearview mirror.
The court house, both basking in and reflecting
its impossibly beautiful, colored, light.

Drove home thinking about macrocosm, then
microcosm, and slow dancing in the cosmos.

No comments: