Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What would you know about vociferous
opponents with impetuous tendencies.
And what would you know about that place in
between sleep and awake where your mind feels
like spiraling tendrils of nothing, of nonsense.
And what would you know about getting so comfortable
with someone that you just can't love them any longer.
(or you're just not sure if you ever did)

And what, please do tell me, what would you know
about feeling like your brain is fucking rattling inside
of your head, like your cells are vibrating at such a
rapid, uncontrollable pace that you don't what's up is
and even if you were to figure that out, you'd never
know where down was.


But, when you used to lie beside me in bed and
prognosticate, (because believe me, every one of
you have done it), I used to think you were an idiot.

And I'd like to say I take that back, but I can't.
Which is why I made sure we didn't lie any longer
than necessary and then, that we didn't lie at all.

Now, I'll drink to that.
But, then again, I'll drink to just about anything

No comments: