Thursday, September 25, 2014

Listening to a mechanical voice say
the word archetype three times over
like an archetype itself.

From the cool interior of a yellow cab,
I see, on the top of a tall stone church,
a banner that reads 
God is Love on one side 
and Jesus Saves on the other.
Big black, san serif text on white Tyvek.I am drunk and I wonder how it must feelto believe in something more?

Looking down into my bathroom sink,
I watch three long blue hairs on the off
white plastic, circling the drain.

Watching people walk on the bridge
to the Air Train from a lower platform, 
like shadowed paper cut outs on a mirror.
Through the layers of crossbeams
that hold the platforms up,the sun slices my vision.

You are what made me realize I am more.
I thank you for that, but I have greed.
How hard that is to reconcile.
I am often so tired of being alive.

No comments: