Sunday, August 8, 2010

I AM NOT.
I AM NOT.
I AM NOT.

This is becoming considerably less of a reminder-to-self
and more of a neurotic mantra that I must repeat in sets
of three until the feeling goes away.

But, there's a problem.
That problem is that lately I've been having more trouble
squashing it down. I've been having trouble quelling that
horrible, terrible, angry, churning feeling in my stomach.
And I've come to resentment.
Yet, resentment is the all wrong word.

Because it's not that I doubt the prowess.
And it's not like the above sentence isn't a complete and utter lie.
Because it is.
It's just that the over confidence lacks grace so
I can only assume the rest will follow suit.

My choices always end up with the same outcomes.

3 comments:

grinning mouths said...

You never sent me your address! And what ever happened to the zine? Somebody turned off the lights and left me drowning in a windowless room.

imbrilliant said...

Never reliable, but things will happen when my head sorts itself out.

imbrilliant said...

I am sorry, for however much that means.