Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The sun! Lying on the grass, stoned, warmed by the sun.
Oh my god, the sun. I had forgotten about the fucking sun.
The beautiful fucking sun! (Breathe in, breathe out. Okay.)

How do you forget something like that?
You don't.
But I fucking did.

God, I'm already thinking of summer, and warm window
sills, and fucking cherry tomatoes growing in the garden,
and driving with the windows rolled down, and beautiful
little bugs and worms in piles of dirt, and warm pools for
me to put my feet in and splash and fucking barbeques
with corn and beer and everyone that I love!
And oh god, the fucking sun.
And under-ripe (yet still delicious) grapes on Janetca's deck,
and wiggling my toes in warm green grass, and drinking a 40
and eating a bag of chips on the dinosaur blanket in the park,
and swinging on swings, and going outside for a cigarette and
not shivering, and just being outside in the sun!

THE FUCKING SUN.
If winter ends, no when winter ends, because it will, just
like it did last year, I'll pack up this baggage and be happy.
I am so excited for the sun.

No comments: