Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I guess the best part about missing a season is
that I forget all of it's less redeeming qualities.
The same way I forget the deathly heat of a show
after I've left the venue.

One day, I'll leave everything, all of my worldly
possessions and I'll reinvent myself. I'll miss them,
just like I'll miss the breathy winter whisper in my
ear. I'll think "one day they'll resurface" I just
have to wait another quarter of a year for them.

They're worth it.

I'll miss my friends and their voices like I miss the
sweaters of fall and the sunburned necks of summer. I'll
miss those places and the memories that we thought would
kill us at the moment, but we ended up laughing about in
the end. I'll laugh in futures face because I know that
one day future will laugh along with me.

I'll realize that 500 miles isn't a measure of distance
or time but rather a measure of my perseverance, my drive.

And we'll all breathe the same heavy humid party air,
saturated with smoke and beer, white powder in my nose
and pills in my stomach. I'll never again be jealous of
the young and in love because I'll have seen it from all
angles. I'll know it's flaws and they'll be no reason to
be reacquainted because we'll already still know each other,
inside and out. It'll be the same motions in the night and

I'll think "If winter ends..."
No, wait! When winter ends, because I'm sure it will, all
I'll miss is frosty lashes and shaking hands. Which isn't
much to miss. I guess I just want to know- are you listening
to the differences of what this season means to you and I?

No comments: